Issue with Two Views and Master/SLAVE Servers.

Chuck.Payne at TravelChannel.com Chuck.Payne at TravelChannel.com
Wed Jul 15 15:18:03 UTC 2009

Guys,

Please forgive me if this is a bit hard to follow, but I have  two server that are both running bind bind-9.3.4, but I am having an issue with the way one zone file is being transferred from the master to the slave.

The master server is set up like this with the zone having the issue...

Internal ( hosting all the localserver on a private subnet)
External ( has a line point to the a file in the share dir)
Share ( That has the SN# and all the External host in)

The slave server is set up like this...
Internal ( hosting all the localserver on a private subnet)
External (  That has the SN# and all the External host in )

Now before some one points out they aren't the same. I know, I didn't set them up this way and because they are production boxes I can't tear them and rebuild them they way I want.

When the master transfer the slave, what it is doing is taking all the host for internal and share ( remember the external only has a include statement to look at the share file)  and creating an new external zone view on the slave. This is a issue for me because  we have for the internal view with the host that are on 192.168 and when this file is created you can now see them only with the external host.

I had tried to break out them out to two seprate zone files, but when I do that it break where internal users can't see the external hosts.

Is there a simple way to get where I can have zone transfer, does any one have any help for this nightmare?

======================
Chuck Payne | Unix System Administrator
TRAVEL CHANNEL MEDIA
3700 Mansell Rd, Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA 30022
CATCH IT | travelchannel.com

I caught the Travel Bug in Japan when I went there live and teach.
-----------------------
Email: Chuck.Payne at TravelChannel.com
Desk Phone: 404-269-5533 (x65533)
Fax Number: 404-269-5461
Blackberry Number: 770-940-7765
Personal Cell: 404-451-3579
aim: terrorp
Office Comunicator: Chuck.Payne at cox.com
gtalk: terrorpup at gmail.com
Need IT help?  Go to http://Keystoneweb.corp.cox.com
Or contact us at Support at TravelChannel.com / 301-244-7777

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom (or entity to which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Travel Channel, L.L.C.