named and database backed systems

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 06:36:11 UTC 2009

Damnit, ever time I search this stuff out, I search for "named
something-or-other" and should use BIND in my search :)

I am going to test deploy on my worksation on OS X.  Named comes up
with relative ease, just add a key and I am pretty much up and
running, albeit out of date, but for testing, I am ok with that.

Are you telling me I need not even build named to get DLZ support?  It
is just there already?

I see you are using postgress, mysql or sqllite should not be an issue
either?

Zones are backed in DB, but not queried in real time are there?  If
they are, I can see, sub 50ms return times going way up.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I will go read the DLZ
pages now.

--
Scott