wildcarding everything

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 06:05:46 UTC 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

> In message <30E0039F-B0FD-4322-B0E0-52EEEFA760EB at newgeo.com>, Scott
> Haneda writ
> es:
>> I can remove the entire DNS management, zone creation, and deltion if
>> I wildcard. Any domain in which they enter in my clients ns's will
>> resolve automatically as soon as the whois updates.
>
> 	Actually you can't.  You will end up returning answers that
> 	will be rejected.  If the registrar does any sort of checking
> 	the registration will also be rejected.

Ok, thanks.  So with this, it is a safe estimation, all these domain
parking systems actually create DNS records on the fly for their
users?  I can not imagine someone as large as godaddy with such
inferior support, and a rather terrible web interface, actually
getting this right most of the time.
--
Scott