named and database backed systems

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 05:49:35 UTC 2009

Hello, my past post about wildcarding the "." in a named server seems
it may be wrought with issues in the long term.

In short, my issues is a auto website creation tool that needs to be
simple for users to change their registrar data, and have their site
be served up.

The old method works, but is being outgrown, I can come in and try to
solve it with scripts to sync the website to local named files, but it
will always be a battle.

I am coming up short on finding any database backed store for named.
I think sqllite would be the best for raw performance, but then again,
even a million records in mysql is trivial.  I am just worried about
volume of selects.

Can anyone point me to any info on database backed named solutions?
Thank you named users, you are all very helpful.
--
Scott