Split view multiple zones

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Wed Jan 28 07:45:01 UTC 2009

"Reinis Rozitis" <r at roze.lv> wrote:

> > I've been using an include file for zones common between multiple
> > views, might help in your case too.
>
> Thanks somehow didnt think about this way. Pretty much takes to
> acceptable solution :)

Yes, "include" statement is the best option especially if you have a lot
of zones.  That aproach also works great if you need to provide
recursion for some of your clients *and* serve authoritative records for
the rest of the world.  By creating multiple views you can also easily
disable answering queries for "." to unknown clients.

view "internal" {
	match-clients { "LAN"; };
	recursion yes;
	include "zones";