Split view multiple zones

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Tue Jan 27 16:59:28 UTC 2009

Hello,
sorry if such question has been asked before (couldnt find and the
documentation was unclear), but maybe somebody can help with such issue or
clarify:

Do you need (and there is no workarround) to specify all the zones in all
views?

To be specific:

1. I have Bind (9.4.3) with bunch of zones.
2. There is a need for one zone/domain to implement a split view.
3. 'custom-clients' is a specific client group (in my case on maxmind db
based country)

3. I have made:

view "custom" {
    match-clients { custom-clients; }
    zone "customzone.com" { ... };
}

view "normal" {
    match-clients { any; };
    zone "customzone.com" { ... };

    zone "otherzone.com" { ... };
    zone "otherzone2.com" { ... };
}

The problem is that if the client is matched against 'custom-clients' it
doesnt see the 'otherzone.com' or 'otherzone2.com' at all no matter that it
also matches the  'any' rule.

Is that expected?

Of course I could just copy and paste all the zones also in 'custom' view
but it doubles the configuration size.

Is there a workarround or "hack" to implement that all matching views should
be checked for a zone if it doesnt exist in the first view?

wbr
Reinis Rozitis