Forcing a secondary update...

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Mon Jan 26 22:50:08 UTC 2009

Without getting into how I managed to accomplish this, I have wound up
with a secondary DNS that has incorrect information in it but the
serial numbers are the same as on the master.

So, my question is:  how can I get the secondary to sync up?  I
presume all I would need to do is make a single change to the zones on
the master, thus changing the serial number, and causing the secondary
to update.

The info in the master is correct, so I really don't need to change
anything, but I could add something then delete it.  Is there an
automated way I can do this, or batch method?  There are just enough
zones as to make this a real hassle if I were to do it one by one.

Jeff J.