denied NS/IN

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Jan 21 18:05:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 12:44 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
>         You should talk to your ISP to chase the traffic back to
>         its source and get BCP 38 implemented there.  BCP 38 is ~10
>         years old now.  There is no excuse for not filtering spoofed
>         traffic.

	Absolutely.

	Putting myself at the other end of the telescope, I'm wondering
	what tools (if any) are available for verifying that the ingress
	filtering actually in place is indeed compliant with BCP 38.

	I try to be conscientious, but drawing valid conclusions from
	visual inspection of the ACLs is already a challenge for my
	domestic network (3 LANs and an upstream).  Enterprise (even
	with only one upstream) or ISP networks are likely more
	difficult to verify.

	Pointers for my next RTFM binge are welcome.  Further discussion
	is probably off-topic for the bind-users list.

	/Niall