forwarding but no recursion?

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue Jan 20 23:40:44 UTC 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 9:25 AM, <etirado.ext at orange-ftgroup.com> <etirado.ext at orange-ftgroup.com
 > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this possible to disable recursion for all incoming queries except
> for those listed in zone statement with a forwarder.
>
> I know that no forwarding is allowed if we disable recursion.
>
> Something like this ( but this doesn't work I know ):
>
> I can't match people so I can't create a view.

According to the ARM for BIND 9.4, forward zones support only a few
substatements. The same is true of hint zones (for the root hints
list). Therefore, I see only one ungainly way to achieve this,
creating a slave of the root zone and restricting access to it.
______________________________________

options {
	directory "/some/path";
	allow-query { any; };
	allow-recursion { any; }; // no need for allow-query-cache
};

zone "." {
	type slave;
	masters { 192.5.5.241; 192.228.79.201; 192.33.4.12; };
	file "root.zone";
	allow-query { none; };
	allow-transfer { none; };
};