SERVFAIL issues

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 14:45:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

Has the "max-cache-size" setting in named.conf been considered?

If not, note that in early releases of 9.5.x max-cache-size is 32M by default instead of unlimited as in 9.4.x

From the CHANGES file with the bind-9.5.0-P2 source:
""max-cache-size" defaults to 32M"

Using:
max-cache-size 0 ;
will restore previous behavior (unlimited).

The ultimate setting would need to be considered for the environment BIND is running in.

FWIW, we use max-cache-size 0 ; without issue.

You can search this list archives for max-cache-size for previous discussions on this.

Thanks.