DNS lookups getting blocked , cant trace where is the block

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Fri Jan 16 06:14:06 UTC 2009

This is slightly OT, I am not able to resolve some domains from a server
hosted at thePlanet (Centos-5.2 with bind 9.3.3 )

[root at smtpout1 ~]# dig @localhost bsnl.in
; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> @localhost bsnl.in
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd

Ofcourse I checked that my local bind is working fine, since it can
resolve almost all other domains
[root at smtpout1 ~]# dig @localhost isc.org +short
149.20.64.42

But the Name servers for BSNL are at 218.248.240.178
And If I try to dig @ns-server it works fine
[root at smtpout1 ~]# dig  @218.248.240.178 bsnl.in +short
61.0.0.121

So where is the DNS request getting blocked. If I do a dig +trace it
segFaults

Please help , how can I trace where the DNS is getting blocked