Conflicting glue records?

Milo Hyson milo at cyberlifelabs.com
Thu Jan 8 11:33:18 UTC 2009

I would think that any server-name should be permissible for any
domain. However, the IP should only be used in the case of a self-
referential entry (your first case).

Is there any legitimate reason for someone to give an IP for a name-
server that differs from the authoritative source? That is, if the
authoritative name-server for myisp.com resolves ns1.myisp.com to
1.2.3.4, is there any valid reason for someone to register example.com
with a name-server of ns1.myisp.com and an IP of 4.5.6.7?

--
Milo Hyson
Chief Scientist