named reload does not reload correct

Martin Moerman m.moerman at isource.nl
Wed Feb 25 19:47:25 UTC 2009

First of all Jeremy thank you for answering my question.

I have mistyped the digits.. its 9.3.5-P2 ..

After hours of testing, we found out that the rndc does the check of zone files beeing changed through the modify statistics of a file (zone file).
Their was a to big time difference between the name server and the plesk machine.
We installed correctly NTP and all is running smooth..

To give you some answers to the questions.
we made our own mysql scripts which takes the zone files from plesk and formats them nice.
Then we rsync them to the name servers.
The name servers have them in as include file in the named.conf allready, so only thing we need to do is a
remote ssh command named reload.

If there is a beter way, please let me know.

Thanks
Martin