File descriptors

Todd canadaboy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:20:52 UTC 2009

My apologies again, you are correct.  I ran a named -v on the boxes,
forgetting that we were directly calling bind in a non-path.  We are
in fact using 9.4.2-P2 on everything, patched to protect against
kaminsky.  We will look at an upgrade program to get these boxes
(about 80 servers, unfortunately the majority of our infastructure)
upgraded to protect against this.

Are there any suggestions that anyone can provide to mitigate against
this coming up until such a time that we can upgrade?

Thank you,

Todd.