forward to a dns server with a port different of 53

Stefan Schmidt stefan.schmidt at freenet.ag
Mon Feb 23 12:08:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:49:01AM +0000, Luis Silva wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Luis,

> I want to have two dns servers in the same machine, and I want the first
> one to forward the dns messages to the second. The problem is that I don't
> know how to configure bind to forward for a port different from 53. Is that
> possible?
> Many thanks.

The options Statement Grammar [1] says:
[ forwarders { [ ip_addr [port ip_port] ; ... ] }; ]
so although i never tried it i'd say it should work like this:

options {
	forward first;
	forwarders {
		127.0.0.1 port 5335;
	};
};

	Stefan, who likes PowerDNS better ;)

[1] https://www.isc.org/software/bind/documentation/arm95#id2576918
--
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word exactly
what you shouldn't have said.