Is it possible to set a ddns hostname to access a name-based virtual host?

hongyi.zhao at gmail.com hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:43:02 UTC 2009

On Friday, February 20, 2009 at 19:51, serge.fonville at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,

> Is it possible to set a ddns hostname, say through
> http://www.changeip.net/ , without using *some_domain* itself, to
> access this file?

> Not entirely sure what you are actually trying to achieve.
> Could you provide a concrete example of the situations you are trying to achieve?

Let me give an example to illustrate my problem:

In the following url, the prola.aps.org is a name-based  virtual host:

http://prola.aps.org/pdf/PRB/v1/i1/p1_1

On  the other hand, my institute has subscribed to prola and many other
journals, so I want to use some self-made and easy-to-memory hostnames for
each  of them.  For example, I want to use the following url to access
the above one:

http://myprola.myddns.org/pdf/PRB/v1/i1/p1_1

Is this possible?

Regards,
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry