Bind Patch for Solaris 10

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Wed Feb 18 03:34:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:01:56AM -0800, Worrell, James J Mr CIV US DISA GS4T1 wrote:
> Thanks Ray!  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Applied the patch but ran into one "gotcha".  The server wasn't
starting up properly after applyign the patch.  I tried running the
binary in the foreground and turns out it was complaining about not
being able to find /dev/poll in the chroot environment.

I ran:

  # cd /var/named/dev
  # mknod poll c 138 0
  # chmod 666 poll

And everything worked fine.  I'm not sure if Sun built things
differently or there is a new requirement on this /dev/poll file.
Regardless all seems to be working OK now.

Ray