time.windows.com and download.windowsupdate.com

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:29:12 UTC 2009

You certainly load the zone you don't own, but be aware the downside will be
every downstream domain or host under the two domains you load will be
blackholed.
In your examples:
1) Everything under time.windows.com will not be resolvable other than
time.windows.com.  i.e. someotherhost.time.windows.com won't work
2) Everything under windowsupdate.com will not be resolvable other than
download.windowsupdate.com i.e. someotherhost.windowsupdate.com

As long as you are aware of and ok with those caveats you should be fine.

--
-Ben Croswell