loads of Query denied... is it an attack or a misconfiguration ?

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:02:04 UTC 2009

Well...

> > I'll temporray block the ip on my firewall
>
> Very bad idea, since it is forged. You do exactly what the attacker
> wanted you to do.
> The proper thing to do is:
> https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/articles/upward-referrals-considered-harmful

this is kind of response I expect : an answer of someone who know the
subject to a person who doesn't...
In this case, I could do nothing (and let the attack be done) or, doing
things wrong that amplify the attack.
Is it something everyone would want? If so, just tell me, I'll setup DoS
attack myself, if it's in the general interest !

 >Please go read the list achives.

this encourage to do nothing : I've a working system (my domain name are
resolved accross the internet) why care more ?
and then let the dns system get attacked... great...