bind9-default.md5sum file

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Feb 9 15:18:49 UTC 2009

Well, offhand, I'd say it's an MD5 sum of a package named "bind9-
default". I don't have that file on my Ubuntu systems.

Presumably, Debian's BIND 9.5.0-P2 package (which is a Debian-specific
package, not directly corresponding to any ISC release) has been
updated to version 5.1. Thus, an MD5 sum related to this package would
also be likely change. You can probably accept it as-is.

Personally, I've found the Debian builds of BIND (also found on
Ubuntu) to be less than fully reliable. The same is true of the Red
Hat builds of BIND. I've run into several customer servers running one
or the other of these on which named was crashing frequently; just
rebuilding from the stock source has fixed it every time.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice