Bind-9.5.1 logging

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Wed Feb 4 23:03:31 UTC 2009

At Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:53:20 -0500,
Peter Fraser <petros.fraser at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok thanks, I did see that file and I did post some of the output. So
> what else do I need to do to get say query or security logs into the
> files I have specified?

Regarding query logs, you need to configure it explicitly.  Example:

        channel querylog {
                file "./named-query.log" versions 5 size 10M;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;
        };
        category queries { querylog; };

Regarding security logs, your configuration looks fine:

> >>         file "/etc/namedb/dns-security.log";
> >>         severity info;
> >>         };
> >>         category security { myfile-security; };

(of course, as long as the named process has a permission to write to
this file).  If you don't see a message, it should mean there's no
event at the severity of info or higher.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.