Remove/add [A] records based upon server availability

Ryan S ryan332211 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 26 20:14:15 UTC 2009

Is there a method in BIND to add/remove A records based upon server availability?

i.e.

host www has A records 1.1.1.1, 2.2.2.2, 3.3.3.3  If 3.3.3.3 is 'down' (via a ping test, for example) we remove it from the [A] record until such time that it is back 'up' and the host is added back to the A records.

Does this exist in BIND or has anyone developed such a script?  I would like to do this.  please help!!  thanks.