Delegating

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Wed Dec 23 18:55:36 UTC 2009

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask you if anyone can point me to some more information
about configuring BIND to delegate a whole "artificial" top level domain to
another nameserver.

This far it has been a classical configuration, recursive nameserver for
local clients behind the NAT. Now I would like to add a delegation of ".lan"
TLD to another nameserver (in the local subnet) which is taken care of by
another person. How can one achieve that?

If I create "lan." zone i can only achieve delegation of specific domains
listed in this "lan." zone file. This is not perfect, as I would like to
delegate whole "lan." TLD zone without specifiying any of it's domains.

Any piece of information is welcome.

Thank you,
Bostjan