Disable Refused answer

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Thu Dec 3 18:16:05 UTC 2009

Chris Buxton wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:40 AM, Dmitry Rybin wrote:
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> I can't find in docs how disable answer (Refused), if recursion for IP is not allowed?
>>

> Something like this should work:
> _________________________________
>
> options {
> 	directory "/var/named";
> };
>
> acl authorized-clients {
> 	192.0.2.1;
> };
>
> view caching-server {
> 	match-recursive-only yes;
> 	blackhole { ! authorized-clients; any; };
> 	// any other resolution configuration goes here
> };
>
> view auth-server {
> 	// zones go here
> };

"This should work" <--- one of the scariest phrases in the computing
field :-)

Unfortunately, "blackhole" can only appear the (global) "options" clause:

% cat /tmp/buxton.example
options {
directory "/tmp";
};

acl authorized-clients {
192.0.2.1;
};

view caching-server {
match-recursive-only yes;
// any other resolution configuration goes here
blackhole { ! authorized-clients; any; };
};

% ./named-checkconf /tmp/buxton.example
/tmp/buxton.example:12: unknown option 'blackhole'
% ed /tmp/buxton.example
218
12m2
1,$p
options {
directory "/tmp";
blackhole { ! authorized-clients; any; };
};

acl authorized-clients {
192.0.2.1;
};

view caching-server {
match-recursive-only yes;
// any other resolution configuration goes here
};
218
% ./named-checkconf /tmp/buxton.example
%