Parent is a CNAME

Hans Jacobsen hans.jacobsen at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 2 00:59:16 UTC 2009

If a.stanford.edu is a cname (say to b.stanford.edu)
can I delegate subdomain.a.stanford.edu?  Are there documents that
point to this being an ok or bad practice?

I know all records for a.stanford.edu are relegated to records for
b.stanford.edu
What about subdomains?

-hej
Hans Jacobsen
Director, Data Center
Information Resources & Technology
Stanford School of Medicine
Building AB, 2nd Floor, RM 231A - M/C 5569
301 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA  94025
Email: hans.jacobsen at stanford.edu
Tel: 650-723-7360
http://med.stanford.edu/irt/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  Information contained in this message and any
attachments is  confidential  It may only be read, copied, and used by
the intended recipient(s).  If you are not  the intended recipient(s),
you may not copy, use, distribute, forward, store, or disclose this  e-
mail or any attachments.  If you believe that you have received this
message in error, destroy  it and any attachments and notify the
sender immediately by return electronic mail.