9.7.0a2 - deny-answer-addresses

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Fri Aug 21 16:13:05 UTC 2009

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Thank you very much for testing the alpha release.

My pleasure!  I had a workaround resulting in dns-rebind protection in
my pdnsd[1] resolver, but pdnsd doesn't support dnssec and a few other
features.

[1] http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/pdnsd.html

>>   deny-answer-addresses {
>>       127/8; 192.168/16; 10/8; 172.16/12;
>>   } except-from {
>>       "zen.spamhaus.org";
>>       "dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net";
>>       "dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net";
>
> This is repeated, resulting in "already exists" (via the RBT code).
>
> Maybe we can improve the configuration failure logging for this.

Now do I believe that!  I must have read these lines dozens of times but
missed the obvious duplication!

> Not supported in a type forward zone.

"deny-answer-addresses" might be helpful in forwarding and maybe even
server zones.

clemens