Recursive Query.

kalpesh varyani kalpesh.link at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:34:08 UTC 2009

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot.

Please find the more details for the same.

BIND version  : 9.3.6

OS version : HP-UX 11.23

I have look at the *socket.c* file and seen that "

This error indicates that sendmsg(2) failed with EDESTADDREG ".

     cc = sendmsg(sock->fd, &msghdr, 0);
              send_errno = errno;

    /*
                         * The other error types depend on whether or not
the
                         * socket is UDP or TCP.  If it is UDP, some error
                         * that we expect to be fatal under TCP are merel
                         * annoying, and are really soft errors.
                         *
                         * However, these soft errors are still returned as
                         * a status.
                         */

                        isc_sockaddr_format(&dev->address, addrbuf,
sizeof(addrbuf));\
                        isc__strerror(send_errno, strbuf, sizeof(strbuf));
                        UNEXPECTED_ERROR(__FILE__, __LINE__, "internal_send:
%s: %s",
                                                 addrbuf, strbuf);
                        dev->result = isc__errno2result(send_errno);\
                        return (DOIO_HARD);

Note : This same is also seen on BIND-9.4.3-P3

Regards
Kalpesh