Slave server not using the IP set using transfer-source

mrkbkr at gmail.com mrkbkr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:44:08 UTC 2009

I am using the configuration options shown in that faq, but I am running
into a problem when my master server send a NOTIFY to the slaves. I have a
zone with the same name in all four views. When the master send a notify
for that zone to the slaves, the slave query the master to see what the
serial is. When they do this they are sending the query through their
default IP and not the IP I have set as the transfer source for that
domain. Since they are using their default IP they are getting a serial of
the same zone in a different view and not requesting the updated zone file
from the master. The slave servers are getting the new zone file when doing
a refresh call to the master server, since they are using the
transfer-source for that operation. Is there anything I can do besides
lowering the refresh interval to 5 minutes?

Mark