Relevant RFC on A records for NS's

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Apr 30 12:02:03 UTC 2009

On Apr 30, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Noel Butler wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 19:38, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Kal Feher wrote:
>>
>> > When I clicked on that link the only error was an MNAME error. Did
>> > you see
>> > another error? (I wonder if it was a transient error you observed,
>> > because
>> > it appears different to yours).
>> > The error according to the report (run against isc.org):
>> >
>> > "ERROR: Your SOA (Start of Authority) record states that your
>> master
>> > (primary) name server is: ns-int.isc.org. That server is not listed
>> > at the
>> > parent servers, which is not correct."
>>
>> I knew I should have taken a screen shot :)
>> I consistently get a "No NS A Records at nameservers"
>
> that test suite is rather poor, I would never use it as a guide,
> find another one
> try: http://www.nabber.org/projects/dnscheck/?domain=your.domain

The more people to tell me that the better.  I have now been shown
that url from multiple clients of mine, all asking me to solve things
for them, which I am near certain do not need solving, but the test
itself is flawed.

I just finally got around to asking this list, and getting a
definitive answer.

Thank you all.