approach on parsing the query-log file

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Tue Apr 28 17:05:43 UTC 2009

Jonathan Petersson wrote:
> So I gave tail a try in perl both via File::Tail and by putting tail
> -f in a pipe.

As was stated previously in this thread, you are going down a bad path
by using query-log for any purpose beyond short debugging sessions.

The loss in performance is rather painful.

The use of a network sniffing package is much preferable.

[Just to see, try running your million queries with and without query
logging turned on and see if you are happy with the results]

But, if that's what you want to do, I wish you luck.

AlanC