URL Redirection via DNS

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Apr 24 14:30:46 UTC 2009

Short answer:  No

Longer answer:  Only FQDN can be aliased with CNAME.   That's not
technically a redirect.   (e.g. mike.mydomain.com being CNAME to
Ralph.mydomain.com is OK - however you can not make
mike.mydomain.com/landingpage do anything because "/landingpage" is not
part of the FQDN so has nothing to do with DNS.)

Minor Rant:  Why don't web developers know how to do simple URL
redirection and quit asking DNS Admins to do it for them?