about resolving on a child zone

Tech W. techwww at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Apr 14 00:29:05 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 14/4/09, Chris Buxton <cbuxton at menandmice.com> wrote:

> From: Chris Buxton <cbuxton at menandmice.com>
> Subject: Re: about resolving on a child zone

> In this case, the answer is that your main zone
> (example.com) will have an error, because it will have an A
> record below the "bottom" of the zone that is not a glue
> record. In other words, it will recognize that
> www.my.example.com belongs to my.example.com, not to
> example.com.

Thanks Chris for the good info.
How about this case below?

my.example.com.  IN  NS  ns.my.example.com.
ns.my.example.com.  IN  A  11.22.33.44

Under this case, the A record for ns.my.example.com. will be defined in main DNS or "ns.my.example.com" or both?

Thanks again.
Regards.

      Enjoy a better web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now.