Necessity of DNSSEC Lookaside Validation(DLV)

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Apr 9 22:47:25 UTC 2009

In message <OF758F8C39.111B02F0-ON65257593.0058CA75-65257593.00591800 at itc.co.in
>, Chandan Laskar writes:
>
> Thanks Mark.
>
> Can somebody provide me list of  parent zone which has already signed? or
> any website to get this information?

	You really only need to care if your parent zones are signed or
	not.

	The following tld's are currently signed, bg, br, cz, gov,
	museum, pr, se and th.

	Other tlds are currently planning to be signed.

> Also not understood about SEP. Can you please tell me what is the full
> form of that?

	SEP is a secure entry point.  It is the DNSKEY which is
	identified by the DS / DLV record in the parent / DLV zone.
	The DS/DNSKEY (or DLV/DNSKEY) pairs provide the cryptographic
	linkage between the zones that enable a trust path to be
	made.  Inside the zone it is the DNSKEY/RRSIG pairs which do
	a similar job.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC