rdataset.c:652: REQUIRE(dbp != ((void *)0) && *dbp == ((void *)0)) failed

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Tue Apr 7 06:54:38 UTC 2009

We have had a failure of one of our BIND installations this morning. The
failure happened at 01:51:45 BST on a machine that was effectively idle
at the time.

The previous messages logged by 'named' were 30 seconds before the crash
and were a zone transfer from a Microsoft 2003 DNS server of an AD
integrated zone.

I can provide config files if they are useful. The version of BIND is a
stock build from Fedora 9 - bind-9.5.1-2.P2.fc9.i386.

Is this a known problem, should we upgrade to get away from it, any advice?

Regards, HOward.