[OT] zonedit.com and changing DNS servers from current provider

Dustin Lovell dlovell at americafirst.com
Mon Apr 6 22:38:17 UTC 2009

Michelle,

Do you own the domain? If so, the authoritative ns change will need to happen at the registrar level (Network Solutions, Tucows, etc.). You just need to ensure that zoneedit works the way you expect it to before you make the change. Once the change is made, a whois query against one of the root nameservers will tell you whether the change worked or not (I believe propagation to the root nameservers from most registrars is ~ 5 minutes). 48 hours later, feel free to turn off your old system or just let them shut you down at the end of your contract. If you don't own the domain, then this is a whole different issue.

Best regards,
Dustin Lovell
UNIX Administrator
America First Credit Union

>>> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> 4/6/2009 4:30 PM >>>
Hello *,

My hosting contract is running out on 2009-04-16 and now I like  to  use
<zonedit.com> to host my zones.  Unfortunately  I  have  not  found  the
answer to my qustion on there help page and they  do  not  reply  to  my
question per mail except an autoreply.

So does someone know, if I setup Zonedit how to eliminate the ZONE at my
current ISP and HOW to change the WHOIS record?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)                     Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886                                Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193