C/C++ version Load balancer DNS

MSP pallakke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:03:51 UTC 2009

On Apr 3, 2:49 pm, Jonathan Petersson <jpeters... at garnser.se> wrote:
> You can use BIND itself as a load-balancer.
>
> What's your goal?
> What's your current load?
> What's your anticipated load 12 months from now?
> What kind of equipment do you have available?
>
> /Jonathan
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Mallappa Pallakke <palla... at gmail.com> wrot=
> e:
>

> > =A0Hi,
> > =A0Is there any C/C++ version load balancer available? As I know we have
> > lbnamed which is Perl based load balancer.
>
> > =A0Or can we do a kind of load balancer using any other mechanism over DN=
> S?
>
> > =A0It will be a great help if anybody can direct be in this regard.
>
> > =A0Thanks,
> > =A0Mallappa

Using DNS, I want to do load balancing of client requests among my
available servers dynamically.
In realtime requirements, any/many servers among the configured me be
down or overloaded.

I want to have control over distribution of load to these servers. I
want to have a common FQDN to the clients and they know only FQDN. I
would like to have 10/20 servers handling the client requests. When
ever a server goes down, all the requests (thousands) it was handling,
should come to remaining available servers quickly (assume within few
seconds).

I feel we can use DNS for this purpose, but doing load balance in
realtime?

Please give me your suggession.

Thanks,
Mallappa Pallakke