name server zone list

Todd Snyder tsnyder at rim.com
Fri Apr 3 17:55:46 UTC 2009

>BIND already creates an internal view "_bind" with class CH to contain
the zones version.bind, hostname.bind, authors.bind, etc. I was thinking
in >terms of zones.bind living there as well.

>Of course there's the barber-shaving question: should zones.bind
contain an entry describing itself?

My view would be that it should list every zone being answered for by
the server, so it should include itself.  Maybe it could be
prefixed/suffixed/named in a pattern so it can be removed easily from a
listing, but I know I'd like to be able to see every zone being loaded
on my server (including empty zones).

$0.02 CDN

T.