Question regarding dynamic updates

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:05:47 UTC 2008

I've been told that Microsoft's DNS server allows a zone to be updated
dynamically, yet some names in the zone be protected from changes via
dynamic updates.  And I was told that BIND lacks this feature, having
its granularity of
control strictly by zone.  I would assume Microsoft's GUI makes this
simple to manage,
:-) but the mechanism would be functionally like having a list of names
stored somewhere
that the dynamic update mechanism would refuse to modify in the zone
file.