BIND 9.4.2-P2-W1 stops responding

Vincent Poy vincepoy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:21:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Kirk <bind at kirkb.net> wrote:
> Vincent Poy wrote:
> > Thanks, I have a question.  Is there somewhere on the net that has
> something
> > explaining the different variables and options for the logging config
> since
> > in Unix, everything is sent to the systemlog but with Windows, it's
> another
> > story.  Also, other than the different filesnames of your channels,
> wouldn't
> > the output be identical or does named actually have defined names of the
> > type which is what the channel names are?  Thanks.
> > Cheers,
> > Vince
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com>
> wrote:
>
> Is this what your looking for?
>
> http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm94/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2574782
>
> http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm94/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2574908
>
> - Kirk

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed.  Didn't know about the logging
clause in the named.conf existed, guess I never messed with the named.conf
other than what's already part of the FreeBSD shipping copy and just add
zones to it.  A question on the severity.  Am I reading it correctly that it
ranks from low to high as follows:
dynamic, debug, info, notice, warning, error, dynamic?  Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince