BIND 9.4.2-P2-W1 stops responding

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Tue Sep 9 15:03:30 UTC 2008

I was waiting for a me too. I knew they were coming. Your configuration appears to be the same. I'm really tired of both waiting for Windows patches for BIND, and having Windows specific bugs in the BIND code. I've put up with many of them for years. BIND 9 until recently was pretty stable on Windows for the most part, but I'm going to have to abandon Windows for my DNS servers as it just puts me in a bad position waiting for patches and having unstable DNS services. For now we've been keeping 9.4.2 running on Windows for our authoritative non-recursive servers and been replacing our recursive servers with FreeBSD and BIND 9.4.2-P2.

-Vinny