Determining version of BIND running on RHEL 4.0 box

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Sep 8 16:09:03 UTC 2008

Just for the record - I didn't write the part about dig.

In fact dig wouldn't tell you what you need to know any more than named
-v would.  This is because it is the exact RPM package version that is
needed to determine what RedHat back ported version you're running and
you'd still have to go to RedHat's site to determine what features are
in the RPM version.