BIND 9.4.2-P2-W1 stops responding

midintertech at gmail.com midintertech at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 21:24:56 UTC 2008

On Sep 6, 8:16 am, "Jukka Pakkanen" <jukka.pakka... at qnet.fi> wrote:
> Would have been very nice to know immediately when you made the decision of
> dropping Windows 2000 users from your supportes list... we have been
> patiently waiting for the fixes to the completely broken windows code for
> weeks, since it was supposed to come "very soon" and "in days"... and now we
> get a lakonic statement "W2K is no longer supported"... :(
>
> In a couple of weeks the ISC BIND has gone from "the best and most trouble
> free piece of software ever" to "useless" to us. That's sad.
>
> Well, need to start looking for other options, upgrading all our, and our
> clients DNS servers to W2K3 just to support the DNS software really is not
> an option.
>
> Jukka

Yeah aint that a nice kickinthepants... Sorry no new bind for yous if
you arent made of moneybags and running the latest windoze!  Guess we
will start looking at djbdns, it didnt have the bugs in the first
place. Or switch back to windozedns.. oh no.. did I say that??

disgruntled_used_to_be_bind_user