BIND 9.4.2-P2-W1 stops responding

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Sep 6 01:22:06 UTC 2008

Vinny Abello wrote:
> [...]

It's very hard to tell. The code has been heavily stress tested to
ensure it does not die. Are any of your address DHCP supplied or are
they all fixed IP addresses. That could potentially have affects but I
haven't seen that be a problem in the latest code. There will also be a
9.5.0-P2-W1 soon which has additional changes that may help but it's
hard to know without seeing details. Can you file a bug report on this
to bind9-bugs at isc.org with details of your named.conf file, what you are
seeing, netstat -an to see what sockets are open, vm used, handles and
threads, CPU information and O/S and anything else that might be useful.
A dump file if you have one might also be helpful if you have one and
you can find it.

Danny