Cant get bind 9.5.0-P2 to compile under cc or gcc

Jeremy C. Reed Jeremy_Reed at isc.org
Fri Sep 5 14:57:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Stone, Mark S. wrote:

> Jeremy,
> Thanks for the fast response. I have corrected the path issue to ar. As
> you pointed out, it was located in /usr/ccs/bin/ar. I made this change
> with no success. I think you were looking too far up in the log file.

It was the last entry in the "Core tests." section (before the "Cache
variables." section). No errors after it so I am not sure what you mean by
looking to far up.

> Once I changed the variable in configure, the ar error stopped, but I
> still never get a .out file.
> Thank you for your help. I'll look around for more issues. You also have
> the latest log file in my last email. I tried to compile with gcc,
> forte, & finally studio 12.

The latest log file I have doesn't have any later error. Sorry I can't
help further withou knowing what you are doing and what you are getting.