configuration question

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Sep 4 17:36:11 UTC 2008

No. When a server has authority for a zone, it believes it has all
answers for names in that zone. Period.

You can either set up a separate zone for each Unix server's name, so
that these zones are children of the Windows environment zone, or you
can completely merge the data. (There's no reason your Unix server
names can't live in, say, an Active Directory-integrated zone.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice