Question on nsupdate reading file

Jing Cao caojingnju at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:20:17 UTC 2008

Hi, All:
I'm using BIND9.3.2 on Windows XP. I compose a file, named update.txt, and
use nsupdate.exe to update my DNS by command
"C:\named\bin\nsupdate.exe  c:\update.txt".
I input the command in DOS console, and after I press Enter key, I can see
the DNS updated immediately. But in the DOS console, I cannot see the return
of this command, and after a long time (about 1 min), an error dialog popped
up, saying the memory access error of nsupdate.exe.

The following is my update.txt content:

server 127.0.0.1

update delete www.dnstest.com

update add www.dnstest.com 10 IN A 192.168.1.99

send

   Does anyone meet this problem before? Anyone can help me to resolve
it?  Thanks
a lot in advance!

BRs

Jim