Problem on installing/config bind

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Oct 29 15:27:58 UTC 2008

On 29.10.08 23:09, Stephen Liu wrote:
> xen03:/usr/local/src/bind-9.5.0#./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bind

in such case, named will work in /usr/local/bind and search for config file
in /ust/local/bind/etc.

If you chroot to /usr/local/bind, named will search for default config file
/usr/local/bind/usr/local/bind/etc/named.conf, unless you provide any with
"-c" command line option, and for other files in
/usr/local/bind/usr/local/bind/etc/

(chrootdir/prefixdir/...).

So now you need to specify named.conf file (which you already do) and have
to use "directory" option in the config file for other files not to be
searched in /usr/local/bind/usr/local/bind/etc/.