Some dns recursive resolution issues ..

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Oct 20 09:35:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:21:49AM +0200,
 vincent.blondel at ing.be <vincent.blondel at ing.be> wrote
 a message of 42 lines which said:

> This is not okay but is this really an issue because at this time my
> dns already received the right NS records from .be nameservers ??

That's not what I was talking about. The issue is simply to be able to
reach a climair.be name server. With only two servers, probably in the
same room, they lose most of the reliability that the DNS can offer.

> On the other hand, I also had this same problem with ugc.fr

Same issue. Just two name servers (which is very low), probably both
in the same room (at least, they are behind the same BGP
announcement).

> Finally, just a little detail, if my dns device does not get a positive
> answer from first NS RR received, does he not have to try on the other
> ones ??

Define "positive". If your question is "if my dns device does not get
an answer from first NS RR, does he have to try on the other ones?",
the answer is YES.