domain keys and name-checking

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Sat Oct 18 23:16:57 UTC 2008

aklist wrote:
> FWIW: I thought I _wasn't_ delegating the subdomain by including it in the
> parent zone in my example...nor did I create any NS records for the
> subdomain...all I did was append this to the end of the parent zone file as
> the example shows, but I'm getting the out-of-zone error with this config.
>
> $ORIGIN sub.domain.com.
> server      A       aaa.bbb.ccc.42
> server      A       aaa.bbb.ddd.12
> server      A       aaa.bbb.ddd.13
> server      A       aaa.bbb.ddd.14
> server      A       aaa.bbb.ddd.15
>         MX      10 server

Since you continue to submit edited snippets of your zone file instead
of the complete/correct ones, we can't tell you what the problem is.
If, however, you decide to post the actual contents of your file,
someone will be able to see the problem and would have corrected it
about 5 message exchanges back.

AlanC