journal file size limit

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Mon Oct 13 15:22:45 UTC 2008

I see the options clause to limit the journal file size, but I was wondering
what happens when the limit is reached?

Is everything in the file (after ensuring that it has been persisted to the zone file) wiped
out and does the file start over?

are N records removed to make room? (with N being some either fixed or variable number
based on the max size of the file specified)?

ie:
file size 1M.
1M size gets reached

Does the file get emptied/deleted and start over

Does the file get reduced by 10%, 50% ?

Thanks

--
Jack Tavares